Saturday, March 16, 2019

From Lifeless to Awe-Inspiring

You may have seen it. The morning after a heavy frost,
trees glisten in the sun light. This had me completely memorized one morning. We had a heavy frost over night. As I headed out to drive my kids to school there was nothing out of the ordinary. With the sun at our backs it looked like any normal day in the dead of winter. The trees looked bare and lifeless. Then as I returned home it was as if snow fairies came in multitudes and covered each branch in crystals. It was breath taking. They were the same trees, the only thing that changed was the position in which I saw them.  I could see all their beauty because I stood in a place where I could see the light from the sun shinning on, in and through them. I became a frost chaser that day. Driving around to find trees that looked boring and dead.  Then I would turn around to see them from another angle I was in awe again and again. One after another.

We are so much like those trees. When the light from the son
shines on us our beauty cannot be hidden. And when we position ourselves around others to see where that same light shines in them, we see them in a whole new way.


Dormant. Lifeless. Boring. Ordinary. Perhaps.

Captivating, Breathtaking, Awe-Inspiring. Absolutely.

Its all depends on the place in which one chooses to look from.

Sometimes we need a shift in perspective. We need to change the way we see things. When you find yourself looking out at barren relationships, depleted time or with a worn out soul just waiting for this winter season of your life to change, You may just find it helpful to change the direction from which you are looking at it. That sounds easier said than done I know.  But you can do it and when you do,  its like magic. 

Not sure how or which way to turn?  It’s ok to ask someone to help point you in the right direction. To show you which way to face so you can make beautiful discoveries for yourself. The beauty is right there with you I promise, you just need to know where to find it. If your interested, I have a map and compass to give you. All you have to do is ask.

Love you madly.
Leslie

PS  If you have questions about how to change your perspective email me at leslie.canup@gmail.com I’m happy to give you some sense of direction.

How To Handle Your Overwhelm

I know you are feeling so overwhelmed right now.  There is so much information coming at you, so many decisions you need to make. Everyon...